African spiced carrot millet
- 1 Cup Whole Millet
- 1/2 Cup Carrot Puree
- 1/4 Cup Raw Grated Carrot
- 1 TB Chopped Carrot Top Greens
- 1 TB Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Coriander
- A Squirt of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Toast the millet in a small pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the toasted millet. Cover the pot and cook on low for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed, and the millet is fluffy.
- Now add all the rest of the ingredients to the cooked millet and mix well to combine.
- Serve with extra cilantro or carrot top greens to garnish.